Sunday, July 5, 2009

Eesti Lipp

Today, as expected, was a wonderful day. I'm so glad my parents could be here to share it. This morning they went to the Eesti Occupation Museum for a lecture from Mart Laar and Jim Tusty. Then, they went to Laulupidu and staked out a spot for us.

We had our last dance performance this morning. It was so much fun. Everyone was especially happy and joyful. I took tons of picures. The lady who wishes us all Ilusat pidu gave me a big hug right before we went out. I cried at the end knowing it was all over. All of the dancers spontaneously gathered into a big parade around the track. It was a lot of fun to walk/dance around with them.

Then, we rushed off to get Irena and onto Laulupidu. There were SO many people there, we could hardly fit. My parents had found a nice spot for us in the shade. Irena had a really good time there, and I'm really glad we took her. We stood for almost the last half of the program, especially for the last really Estonian songs. It was great to be there for the spontaneous singing of Eesti Lipp and all of the other encores. When it was over, no one wanted to leave, so the singers kept singing. It was great. I love being in a place where their choice of recreation is to go and listen to the most magnificent music. I love how they honor and revere their conductors. I seemed to be the only one that was sad when they extinguished the flame. Everyone else just danced and sang and cheered. I really can't wait to have these new songs on Youtube. I hope they get postedd soon. (It will giv me some variation into my work music.)

No comments:

Post a Comment